1950's (?) Crane Neuday Toilet Repair

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950's (?) Crane Neuday Toilet Repair

My house - which was built in the 50's has a Crane Neuday toilet. I can't even really find this model when I search Crane toilets...... I need to repair the inside of the tank - new fill valve, new flapper etc. The question I have is about a flush valve. There is currently no flush valve in my toilet - just a "slot and tab" flapper, which has become corroded. So - do I need a flush valve? Can my toilet function without one? I am just trying to make this toilet functional for another 6 months. I have ordered the slot and tab flapper and a fill valve - it is the flush valve problem that has me stumped....

Can you post an image of the inside of the toilet tank?
    I answer all plumbing and heating questions, all day long.

Comment

Yes - tomorrow. However, the tank is currently empty and I have removed all parts.

Comment

The interior has two bolts on either side of the flush hole. The flush hole is not quite (by fractions of an inch) big enough to fit a universal 2" flush valve. That is why I am stumped. I purchased this flapper - which connects to the toilet with a plastic piece that connects to one of the bolts. This is the replacement flapper I found - looks just like the original - just less corroded.

Korky 57BP Fits Crane Flapper

Comment

Okay The flush valve is built into the ceramic of the toilet tank, so you can not replace it, if the seat is good, (the area where the flapper sits,) you should be okay.

Comment

So is that the whole in the back of the ceramic?

Comment

The small hole in the back is the overflow part of the flush valve the larger hole in the middle on the bottom of the tank is the flush valve seat.

Comment

Thank you. That makes sense to me. I appreciate your help.

Comment

you are welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X